Topic: [Share]Beautiful heart (美丽的心)

9月29日
Beautiful heart
美丽的心
(一)

...after some months at the faculty of medicine, the professor gave us a test.
在医学院学习了几个月后,教授让我们做了个测验。

Being a good student, I quickly answered all the questions...all, but the last: "What is the baptism name of the maid of our institute?
身为一个好学生,除了最后一道,我很快答完所有的试题。那道题目是:“我们学院干杂活的阿姨的洗礼名是什么?”

I handed over my test paper, leaving the last question unanswered. Just before the lesson ended, another student inquired if the last question would be maked.
我没回答最后一道题就交了试卷。快下课时,另一个同学问教授最后一题是否记分。

"Certainly!", the professor replied. "You will meet many people in your life. All of them will have some degree of importance. They will deserve your attention, even if it is a simple smile or a simple hello"
“当然!”教授回答道,“在一生中,你会遇到很多人,他们或多或少对你都是有影响的。他们值得你留意,即使是简单的微笑或一声招呼。”

I never forgot this lesson...and went on to learn that the baptism name of our maid was Marianna.
我永远也忘不了教授说的这番话。后来我了解到做杂活的阿姨洗礼名是玛丽安娜。

(二)
Some time ago, when the icecreams were not so expensive, a ten-year old boy went to an icecream parlour. While sitting at the table, he asked the waitress, "How much does a sundae cost?" "50 cents", she replied.
以前,冰淇淋还不是这么贵的时候,一个10岁的男孩到一家雪糕店。他坐下,问雪糕店的服务员:“一份圣代多少钱?” “50美分”服务员告诉他。

The boy took out his money from his pocket and began counting it.
那男孩从口袋掏出钱,开始数。

“Well, how much does a simple icecream cost?”
There were other people waiting to be served, so the wairtress began to get a little impatience.
"35 cents!" she replied abruptly. The boy counted his money again and he said:"Please get me a simple icecream!"
“唔,那一份普通的冰淇淋要多少钱?”
因为那服务员还要招呼其他的客人,她有点不耐烦,大声地回答“35美分!”那男孩又开始数钱,并说道:“请给我一份普通雪糕。”

The waitress served his icecream and his bill. The boy ate his icecream, payed his bill at the cash counter and left.
When the waitress went to clean the table she began to cry...for there, at the corner of the plate, were 15 cents...her tip.
那服务员给他上了一份普通雪糕,那男孩吃完后,在柜台付了钱离开。
当那服务员来清理男孩的桌子时,她忍不住哭了,因为在雪糕碟旁边有15美分--那是男孩留给他的小费。

The boy took the simple icecream instead of a Sundae so he could leave a tip for him.
那男孩不吃圣代只吃一份普通的雪糕,仅仅是为了给她小费。

If you never experienced the danger of war or the solitude of imprisonment, the agony of torture and hunger, you are much ahead of the 500 million people who live in this world.
如果你没有经历过战争的威胁,牢狱之灾或饥饿折磨之苦,那你比这世界上5亿人幸运。

If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes to wear, a roof on your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than the 75% of the people who live on this Earth.
如果你冰箱里有食物,有衣服可穿,有床可睡,有房子住,那你比这世界上75%的人富有。

If you can go to your place of worship without being threatened, arrested, tortured or killed, you are luckier than 3000,000,000 persons of this world.
如果你可以去做礼拜,而不必担心受到威胁、被捕或被迫害,那你比这世上30亿人幸运。

If you have money on your bank account and your wallet and some loose change in some little box, you are one of the world's 8% well-to-do population.
如果你银行里有存款,钱包里有现金、还有零钱,那你是这世界上占总人口8%的比较富裕的人之一。

If you are able to read this, You are not one of those 2000,000,000 people who are illiterate.
如果你能读这些文字,幸运你不是文盲(世界上现在有20亿人仍目不识丁)。